Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another good day in the art shed



It's still hot here, so I got out to the shed early this morning and stayed there until about noon. It was so nice to spend some time there. I got my encaustic stuff all fired up and for the first time in the shed I goofed around with the wax! I just love this stuff! I created this little Crow King and started another one of a jellyfish that is looking pretty good so far.
Last night I was watching an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" that was saved on the DVR (I know, say what you want, I like this show. I also like "Project Runway".... Unlike "America's Got Talent"and "Dancing With the Stars" these people are true artists and really do have talent. Say what you like about that..) and this kid who was trying out had on these really awful pants (if you watched you know the one's I mean).... it seems this is his his thing, looking for and wearing what he called "bad pants". I just thought that was such a funny thing. I thought, what a great idea for some little collage pieces. Bad Pants! These ones are acrylic paint, paper, buttons, paint marker and pen. More to come, they were quick, and fun and look so funky and much better in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment